Content provided by a guest contributor.
Having redone our entire website and assisted some of our members in doing the same, it has come to mind that so many businesses just have no idea what it takes to develop a functional marketing website.
We seem to focus so much on design and looks that we fail to even begin to develop the strategy that the site will be judged for in the future. Here are some questions to ask about your site to do a snap assessment on what you currently have:
- Have you identified keywords for each page?
- Are these keywords present in your copy and html code?
- Does your site talk to your customers (good) or talk about you (bad)?
- Does each page have a specific call to action that is easily identifiable and clear?
- Can you collect data from people who visit your site?
- Do you have a follow up mechanism that will follow up leads and contacts?
- Are you able to monitor the statistics of unique visits, page reads and jump rates?
- Have you recently updated your site to better improve the SEO based on these stats?
- Can you update and improve your own website without costly bills to some web designer?
- Is your website linked to your other online social media platforms with automated feeds and updates?
- Are you able to drive your business forward to where it needs to be using your online strategy?
Any NO answer to the above is a call to action to get your site updated to become a part of the marketing cogs of your business. Give us a shout for any assistance or advice on this or any other business development needs.
The content in this article was provided by Bruce Wade – Director: Chief Entrepreneur Officer at Entrepreneur and Management Solutions.
Entrepreneur and Management Solutions, co-owned by Michelle Davidosn and Bruce Wade, offer a range of business development strategies and services that address all aspects of business start-up, operations and growth.
We work together with you, the business owner to define a clear and agreed roadmap, as we assess the gaps across all key business areas based on current resources and knowledge. A future-focused strategy and action plan are then developed moving both business owner and business into the desired future.
Our team of Coaches, Financial Managers, Accountants and Marketing Specialists collaborate with each client, improving their productivity, brand footprint and profitability, to enhance their business position in the market.
For more information, contact:
Tel: 021 839 2281