The e-Waste Association of South Africa (eWASA) was established in 2008 to manage the establishment of a sustainable environmentally sound e-waste management system for the country. eWASA is your central point of contact for advice and action. eWasa is a Pan African non-profit organisation based in Durban South Africa.
As a non-profit organisation eWASA, provides support through efficient services and attractive terms and conditions by a small and highly and competent team as well as strong Partners throughout Africa. The association intends to pursue the following main activities in order to achieve these objectives:
- Collect, exchange and compare all information from its members, within the limits authorised by the current relevant legislation, in order to contribute to an efficient organisation of the operations
- Liaise with and provide to all parties concerned including international institutions, with all pertinent information to promote the interest of its members
- Organise and participate in events and projects for the exchange of information and experiences
- Assist member and potential members if requested with planning, creation, implementation and management of their WEEE related projects
- Publish and disseminate codes of practice which provides support services to its members
eWASA operates on a National Basis. Our current Members have successfully established over 1000 collection points and are currently collected 17,733t of WEEE in 2015, according to Mapping South Africa’s Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Dismantling, PreProcessing and Processing Technology Landscape, Mintek External Report # 7574, published in March 2017.
For more information, contact:
Tel: 031 535 7146
Copyright © 2016 Business Partners Ltd. All rights reserved.