The vision of ECDC is to be an innovative leader in promoting sustainable economic growth and development of the Eastern Cape. Its mission is to promote sustainable socio-economic development in the Eastern Cape through focused provision of innovative enterprise development financial service, and leveraging of resources, strategic alliances, investment and partnerships.
The ECDC has the following corporate values:
- Integrity – In all our dealings with all people we are known for our spirit of honour, reliability and accuracy.
- Professionalism – We are defined by our positive, presentable, demeanour and our quest for continuous improvement.
- Accountability – We are always ready to give a truthful, accurate account of our use of company time, assets and opportunities.
- Teamwork – None of us is as productive as all of us when we complement each other to achieve a common goal.
- Innovation – We reflect and embrace innovation in all we say, think and deliver on.
- Customer-centrism – We place maximum value on the centralty of the customer in dealing on our mandate.
ECDC’s draws its mandate from the Eastern Cape Development Corporation Act (Act 2 of 1997). It is guided by the economic priorities of the provincial government, as detailed in:
- The Provincial Development Plan (PDP)
- The Eastern Cape Provincial Industrial Development Strategy (PIDS)
- The Eastern Cape Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism’s policy statement
- The provincial budget speech of the member of the executive council (MEC) for Finance and Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism.
Section 3 of the ECDC Act states the corporation shall “plan, finance, coordinate, market, promote and implement development of the province and its people in the industry, agriculture, transport and finance fields.”
ECDC is a listed provincial government enterprise under schedule 3D in terms of the Public Finance Management Act. It's two strategic goals are to:
- Stimulate economic activity, and
- Optimise all resources to maximise investment returns and attain sustainability.
ECDC has 12 subsidiaries and associates including the Automotive, Industry Development Centre in the Eastern Cape (AIDC EC).
For more information, contact:
Tel: +27(0)43 704 5600
Copyright © 2016 Business Partners Ltd. All rights reserved.