Content provided by a guest contributor.
Formally established in 2016, Mining Equipment Manufacturers of South Africa or MEMSA is an industry cluster organisation aimed at advocating for and promoting the interests of its members and the mining equipment manufacture industry in South Africa, more broadly. MEMSA is housed in the Mining Precinct, at the heart of Gauteng, South Africa’s primary mining equipment manufacturing region.
It is MEMSA’s vision to position SA mining capital goods, components & product manufacturers as a cost competitive, innovative and transformative industrial cluster which is the preferred supplier to the local, regional and global markets. MEMSA’S objectives include
- promoting the interests of Members and the sector through advocacy and building of strategic partnerships;
- supporting local technology development and acquisition, and IP protection;
- the development of domestic, regional and other export markets for Members;
- the realisation of the regional Southern African Development Community (SADC) mining capital goods market;
- targeted skills and knowledge development;
- transformation in line with applicable Codes of Good Practice; and
- promoting Members’ awareness of and participation in existing industrial support programs and advocating for targeted mining machinery and equipment manufacturing support programs and/or schemes.
For more information, contact:
Tel: 011 358 0001