Content provided by a guest contributor.
Yes, we can become successful quicker. It is possible to speed up the process. Why drag out the process when we can make things happen by doing things now more effectively and with bigger results.
Think about it! You waste a quarter of your day by:
- Meeting those you don’t need to
- Doing things that are not results orientated,
- Worrying about the bad things that are never going to happen,
- Procrastinating… "I'll do it tomorrow"
- Exposing yourself to negative and unsuccessful people,
- Not seizing opportunities because of the fear of failure and
- Losing opportunities due to indecisiveness
The fact is that most people will waste 5 of their next 15 years…!
Let's have a look at few tips to speed up the success process:
- Act quickly on opportunities. If you see what you want, do it before you lose the chance. Be decisive, don’t procrastinate and make it happen. If it fails, change direction and move on quickly to the next project. Remember changing direction when you need to, is smart and it’s not a failure – You only fail when you give up trying
- Be fast - Push yourself to walk faster, talk faster, read faster and move faster. Constantly look for faster methods to get the same result. Send and return communications with as little delay as possible. Whenever you think something can’t be done quickly, ask "Why not?"
Keep up your speed with good habits: sufficient sleep, good food, great company, positive outlook and regular exercise
- Reduce or eliminate people or things that delay or stop you from moving quickly. Surround yourself with the right people NOW: You become more often than not, like the people you hang around with the most. Surround yourself with successful people and then you will have no choice but to be successful. If you hang around with unsuccessful people then you will find it impossible to become successful.
- Set tough deadlines for completing tasks and make them. Ask for the business and ask NOW – Don’t wait for weeks before following up on potential deals. Your potential client will respect your enthusiasm. We can build relationships quicker and do business sooner
Mike Anderson is a passionate entrepreneur focused entirely on helping small business owners to stay in business and achieve beyond the norm. This he does as founder and chairman of the National Small Business Chamber (NSBC) –