The Support Programme for Industrial Innovation (SPII) is designed to promote technology development in South Africa’s industry, through the provision of financial assistance for the development of innovative products and/or processes. SPII is focussed specifically on the development phase, which begins at the conclusion of basic research and ends at the point when a pre-production prototype has been produced.
The SPII offers two schemes namely, the:
- SPII Product Process Development (PPD) Scheme; and
- SPII Matching Scheme.
Criteria for SPII Support:
- Development should represent significant advance in technology;
- Development and subsequent production must take place within South Africa;
- Intellectual Property to reside in South African registered company;
- Participating businesses should (must) be South African registered enterprises;
- Government funded institutions (e.g. CSIR) do not directly qualify for support but may participate as subcontractor(s) and;
- No simultaneous applications from the same company.
For more information, contact:
Tel: 0861 843 384
Copyright © 2016 Business Partners Ltd. All rights reserved.